ECFL is a parent-child program that was developed through the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, and is sponsored by the Office of Marriage and Family Life. ECFL emphasizes the importance of putting faith at the center of family life at the earliest developmental stages.
- ECFL meets for 7 two-hour sessions, and is patterned after the highly successful and popular Minnesota ECFE program (Early Childhood Family Education).
- Each 2-hour ECFL session offers parent-child interaction time, facilitator-led parent discussion, and guided children’s activity time.
- ECFL focuses on giving Catholic parents opportunities to learn the how’s and why’s of passing our Catholic faith on to their children.
- ECFL gives parents an opportunity to discuss faith topics with other Catholic parents and to have fun learning about God together.
- Each session begins with Parent-Child Interaction time in OLG School Kindergarten classrooms 208 & 209
- Everyone gathers for circle time
- After circle time, children aged 2-6 stay in the child classroom space while parents and other children are excused to their spaces
- Infants 6 mos – 23 months, and children over age 6 should be signed into the nursery.
- Parents proceed to parent meeting space in the OLG School Library
- At the end of Parent Discussion Time, parents pick up children from nursery and return to rooms 208 & 209 for closing prayer and activity
Who: ECFL is designed especially for parents and children age 0-6
2017 Session Dates: January 14 & 21, February 4, 11, & 25, March 11 & 18
Time: 9:30 – 11:30 am
Where: Our Lady of Grace School, kindergarten classrooms 208 & 209
Fee: $35 per family (must accompany completed registration form)
Register online: http://www.olgparish.org/early-catholic-family-life-registration/
Nursery: Children 6 mos. – 23 mos., and children over 6 years of age