About the Abria Life is Wonderful Family Fun Run/Walk/5K
Honor Moms with a fun spring outing on Saturday, May 13th 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the Life is Wonderful Family Fun Run/Walk/5K to benefit Abria Pregnancy Resources! Help make it possible for more women to make a choice for life.
Join with the OLG parishioners who are participating and have a fun day by scenic Mississippi River at Upper Landing Park in St Paul - just down from Riverplace - a beautiful park with different routes of varying length. Run competitively, or just for fun, walk, or just enjoy the live music, swing dancing, food truck, kids races (3 for ages 1-11), face painting, mother’s day craft, etc.
Free parking with shuttles are available from St Paul College near the Cathedral!
There will be activities for all ages:
- food trucks,
- kids activities- 3 kid’s races, inflatable slide and Mother’s Day card-making tent,
- live music,
- swing dancing
- free parking and shuttles
- dogs and strollers welcome
Set up a team of your family, friends, coworkers; any age is welcome! Add OLG to your creative team name, or register individually. No admission charge (there is a $45 fee for the chip-timed 5K if you want to compete) but we encourage you to ask for pledges of support to benefit the services of Abria Pregnancy Resources which works to support moms and dads with an unexpected pregnancy. There are easy tools for requesting pledges and team members via email links.
From life coaches to parenting education, Abria offers friendship, hope and encouragement though positive and life-affirming medical and personal support services for pregnancy, and into the first years of the baby’s life.
Ways to Donate
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you and compete for the team with the highest fundraising – prize is a dinner at Cossetta’s! You will get a link from your Crowdrise fundraising page which will make inviting people to support you super-easy. Join an existing OLG team when you register, or create a new one by inviting your family and friends to join you – up to 10 people per team (include “OLG” in your team name.)
- If you can’t come on Saturday and want to donate go to www.crowdrise.com, select Find An Event, search for Abria Life is Wonderful, click on the leader board and donate to one of the teams with OLG in their name. Father Kevin’s team is found here.
Abria puts a choice for LIFE within reach for thousands
- Serving those most vulnerable to abortion in the heart of the urban core of the Twin Cities
- High-quality medical facility within 5 miles of 10 colleges and universities and a dozen low income neighborhoods
- Within 10 miles of the “big four” abortion clinics that do 95% of MN abortions each year
Contact OLG parishioner, Mary Hodgdon, MLHodgdon@comcast.net